I received the following reminder about getting prepared for and being prepared for any type of emergency that could actually happen at this point in time. Our economy has gone South and is continuing on its journey regardless of what Obama says.
The reminder states that Ben Bernanke (chair of The Fed) confirmed my suspicions in recent speeches and news releases in which THE FED is trying to assure Wall Street that they will step in and take corrective action if the economy falters again. I have wondered why the stock market has managed to be doing well when the companies the represent are doing the opposite in most cases.
Is Obama Manipulating the Stock Market is information from Jerome Corsi, a writer for World Net Daily may well prove to be interesting reading for you concerning the subject.
Another interesting article that will give you some insight into the involvement of the FED in financial conditions around the World is:
The Washington Post
The next 9 weeks could be a very bumpy ride for the economy and public confidence. Most major economic crashes have occurred in September and October.
You can’t change the world if you can’t survive the next crisis. It is time to prepare. Political, financial or natural disaster; It’s time to re-stock your supplies and re-visit your families disaster action plan.
- Food. Stock up your supply of emergency food. Rotate out old stock and replace with fresh.
- Water. Keep a supply of drinking water on hand – but it is best to have an alternative source for water. A well or pond and a way to purify that water. Look at how many gallons of water you use in a month and visualize where you would replace it if your current water source became unavailable – as it has this year for tens of thousands who endured flooding.
- Emergency Cash. Keep a few hundred dollars of cash on hand – (not in a bank) in case things really get ugly, but also keep at least $1000 emergency fund in a savings account in case the car breaks down, the kids get sick or the water heater dies. Most credit card debt is created from these types of life emergencies. If you have cash in savings to cover them, then they are no longer a crisis – but instead just an inconvenience. Best is to have no debt and 6 months of living expenses in a savings account – then even a job loss is not a crisis, but a temporary inconvenience.
- Weather Radio. The new generation of weather radios provide more localized alerts for Tornados, Severe Thunderstorms and Flooding. More people are killed and injured by lightning than by tornados. Stay informed.
- Ammo. Make the boy scouts proud! Be prepared
- Generator. Remember the ice storms? Katrina? Floods? A generator can save your food supply and help heat your home. Pretty good investment. If you have one, rotate out the fuel supply and treat the fresh fuel with Sta-Bil or similar product.
- This list is just a primer. Google Family Disaster preparedness and you will find more detailed lists.
Respected Mises economists, such as Peter Schiff, Lew Rockwell and Gary North agree; This is not a Double Dip Recession. It is still the same deep recession. The only economic indicators that improved were ones artificially – and temporarily – propped up by government spending or intervention by The Fed. That is not a recovery, it is simply an effort in PR by government officials.
I suspected THE FED is pumping money into the stock markets to create an illusion that the economy is healthier than it really is. Ben Bernanke (chair of The Fed) confirmed my suspicions. Recent speeches and news releases from THE FED are trying to assure Wall Street that they will step in and take corrective action if the economy falters again. What they mean is if the DJIA drops much below 10,000 then THE FED will intervene by pumping money in the stock market so the next day’s news cast has the illusion that everything is normal again. Over the next few months, watch what happens to the market when it dips below 9k. At one time, the Dow reflected the profitability of the companies represented there. Not anymore.
I believe America’s best days are ahead. Traveling throughout Missouri, I have seen thousands of folks newly committed to fight for Liberty. More than ever in my life. I am an optimist because I am looking at today in the perspective of the past 500 years. No doubt, our economy will have several bumps in the road over the next few months or year and the November election will have some disappointments.
You must have long term goals to keep from being frustrated from short term losses.
Just for a moment, reflect on the incredible commitment made by our founding fathers. Think of the odds they had in taking on the world’s largest empire of the 1770′s. They risked their lives and fortunes. Some lost everything including their families. They were fighting exactly the same type of tyranny that you and I are fighting today.
Consider the story of Martin Luther. In 1517, Luther took on the most powerful political organization in the world; the Catholic Church. Luther was responsible for getting the Bible printed in his countries language (German) and distributed to the people so they could read and understand it. Before Luther started a revolution, the church had the only copies of the bible and they were written in Latin. Luther’s revolution took power away from the authoritarian catholic church empire and gave it to the people. Luther changed history.
Today the internet and our ability to communicate outside the mainstream media is changing the game, just as Martin Luther and the newly invented printing press did 5 centuries ago.
Stay positive and keep your eye on the ball. We will win. But, you can’t change the world if you aren’t prepared. Please meet with your family this week and renew your crisis preparation.